Guangdong added 14 new COVID-19 cases imported from overseas, 12 of which were in Guangzhou, one in Shenzhen and one in Foshan. Foshan also had a case imported domestically from Hubei. One new patient was discharged. Among the 87 cases in hospital (73 imported), 17 were light, 62 normal, 1 severe, and 7 critical, according to the Guangdong Health Commission
Hong Kong confirmed 30 new cases today, including 19 who recently travelled abroad, taking the city’s total number to 386, according to the Centre for Health Protection.
Macau reported its 15th imported case, an Indonesian whose wife and child had previously been confirmed. All 15 are in hospital with mild conditions.
Across the rest of the country, 60 new imported cases were reported (31 in Beijing), according to the National Health Commission.
- Macau will ban all non-residents from entry, even those with employment permits, as well those from Hong Kong and Taiwan that have been overseas recently. The Chief Executive, Ho Iat Seng, called on the casino groups with large hotels to be “socially responsible”. MI.
- Investigative journalists have looked into reports of asymptomatic cases in Wuhan, and found there are still dozens going unreported every day. Caixin. This follows an SCMP exclusive saying China has 43,000 asymptomatic cases. SCMP.
- Hong Kong’s two airlines say their HK$2.6 billion rescue package is not enough and they need significantly more. SCMP.
- Lan Kwai Fong bar and restaurant owners say they cannot survive without subsidies after the government suspended alcohol sales. SCMP.
- Rents for luxury apartments in Hong Kong have begun plunging. SCMP.
- Hong Kong travel agents are folding, leaving behind angry customers who want their money back. SCMP.
- Guangzhou is allowing “green” workers from Hubei to return now that their respective health-declaration systems have been connected and the color-coded status of each worker is recognized. SCN.
- Tencent is partnering with local disease control and prevention departments to launch a health tracking system tailored to students preparing to return to school. (No announcement has yet been made about Guangdong’s schools, which remain closed.) Caixin.
- Guangdong leads the country in number of patents filed for mask-production equipment, isolation medical-device equipment, and infrared temperature detectors. SCN.
- Dongguan leads the country in production of masks and other respiratory-disease equipment. TDG.
- Shenzhen is allowing its “cultural industries” – libraries, concert halls, art galleries, etc – to start reopening from today. Visitors need to register with real name-verification and have green health codes. SZN. Entertainment venues, including bars, restaurants and KTVs, are also open. SZN.