HK, Macau, Taiwan unemployment benefits

Residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan working in Shenzhen can now register for unemployment benefits, according to the Shenzhen Human Resources and Social Security Bureau.

If you have previously contributed to the city’s social security fund for six consecutive months before losing your job, or your employer paid in contributions for at least one year accumulatively, your unemployment pension will be calculated based on the number of the years you have worked at the company, reports Shenzhen Daily.

Once registered, you will also receive consultation services on employment policies and rules, vocational training information, and free job recommendations.