Guangdong added three new COVID-19 cases yesterday, one imported in Shenzhen, one imported in Foshan, and one related to an imported case in Guangzhou. Five new asymptomatic cases were confirmed: two in Guangzhou, two in Dongguan, one in Shenzhen. Ten cases were discharged. Among the 117 cases still in hospital (103 imported), 26 were light, 86 normal, 2 severe, and 3 critical, according to the Guangdong Health Commission.
Hong Kong confirmed 25 new cases today, taking its total to 960 (264 discharged), according to the Centre for Health Protection. Here is a Covid-19 tracker, which lists all currently hospitalized cases, with travel history.
Macau reported one new imported case, taking the total of imported cases to 35 (10 local cases were previously discharged). Here is a Covid-19 Tracker, which lists all currently hospitalized cases, with travel history.
Across the rest of the country, 59 new imported cases and two related cases were reported, according to the National Health Commission. Asymptomatic cases totaled 1,095, as 137 new cases were reported.
- More than 55,000 workers were due to leave Wuhan today after the city’s lockdown was finally lifted, with more than 40% heading for the nine Guangdong cities within the Greater Bay Area. SCN.
- Guangzhou is locking down its “Little Africa” district after five Nigerians who tested positive were linked to a city restaurant. SCMP.
- With the World Health Organisation, as well as countries led by the United States, Singapore and Canada, now recommending the use of masks or makeshift facial coverings to contain the spread of coronavirus, the rush to secure supplies has intensified. SCMP.
- Hong Kong’s beauty and massage parlours have been ordered to close for 14 days from Friday, the government announced today, after three of them were linked to Covid-19 cases. SCMP.
- Guangdong is among the country’s favorite tourism destination and is recovering quickest. During the Qingming Festival over the weekend, hot spring resorts with individual rooms were booked nearly 80% as customers said they afforded the best safety from potential coronavirus infection. SCN.