Guangdong has reported five new cases since Friday, with one on Saturday and four on Sunday, all imported from overseas. While 10 more patients were released from hospital, leaving only 47 under treatment, according to the Guangdong Health Commission.
Hong Kong added 17 new cases since Friday, among which 11 were imported cases, taking the city’s total of confirmed cases to 148. Nine patients were released from hospital, bringing the total discharges to 84, while 166 remain under observation, according to the Centre for Health Protection.
Hong Kong reported its fourth death of the COVID-19 on Friday, an 80-year-old man whose wife had been infected earlier, raising the death toll in the GBA remained to 12.
The country reported 47 new cases since Friday, of which 35 were imported. The country has recorded 123 imported cases so far. Hubei added 12 new cases, with 37 new deaths bringing the province’s total to 3,099, according to the Hubei Health Commission.
Of China’s total 80,860 confirmed cases, around 84% have left hospital, with 838 discharged on Sunday alone, according to the National Health Commission.
1. International travellers arriving in Beijing will be subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine at a central isolation facility from Monday, at their own expenses, said the national capital’s authorities. The Beijing News.
2. China and the US have turned the COVID-19 epidemic a new battleground for the two superpowers, from accusing each other through conspiracy theories to disrupting official exchanges as well as travel and cultural links. SCMP.
3. The Hong Kong government will arrange more chartered flights later this month to take more of the city’s residents who are trapped in Hubei cities other than Wuhan, the officials said. SCMP.
4. The virus causing COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2, can stay viable in the air or on solid surfaces with the potential to infect people, according to a study published on the biology research archive bioRxiv by a group of researchers in Wuhan, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Caixin.
5. Guangdong has issued a list of city districts, classified to different risk levels exposed to the coronavirus outbreak. Guangzhou’s Yuexiu and Shenzhen’s Futian, as well as several districts of Foshan and Huizhou, have been assigned to medium-risk areas, with no high-level areas listed. Southcn.com.